- Several login options available during checkout: "Create Account" or
- "Login with Amazon" or "Checkout as a Guest" options are available at checkout.
- Methods of Payment: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Paypal, Apple Pay, Pay with Amazon are accepted during checkout.
- Michele Benjamin Jewelry is hosted on Shopify.com secure shopping site. Look for a "lock" symbol in the HTTP:// address bar signifying that this is a secure SSL website.
- Amazon: Login securely using your Amazon login, and also checkout with your Amazon account. No Amazon login or credit card information is saved. Also, visit our store on Amazon: www.amazon.com/shops/MicheleBenjaminJewelry
- Once your order is placed, you will receive immediate email confirmation of your order via our secure shopping site.
- Free shipping in Continental USA via USPS Mail with insurance and tracking number.
Wholesale Orders: (For Buyers only):
- Wholesale Buyers Contact us for a Line Sheet with Name, Tel No., Email, Tax ID (EIN).
- Delivery: 4-8 weeks. No minimums.
- Overseas orders: Currency exchange rate is calculated on the date of the money transaction.
- Shipping in Continental USA via US Post Office or UPS insured, with Tracking number.
- Wholesale orders are packaged with sustainable 90% recycled glossy logo jewelry gift boxes and velveteen pouches.
- Payment Terms: Net 30 based on shipping date.
- Wholesale Refund Policy: No returns or refunds, replacements or credits issued on Wholesale Orders.
- Custom Design: setup fee for a brand new custom design is due at time of order to cover upfront manufacturing and artwork setup costs incurred with production. No refunds on setup fees.
- Revision policy: fee per revision made after the order is placed. Revision fee must be paid in advance. No refunds on revision fees.
- Quality control: Individual surface details and finishes may vary from the original sample due to production process; not considered a defect or deviation from the original sample.
Free Shipping via USPS U.S. Postal Service with insurance & tracking number, for signature. Orders ship within 1 business day, and arrive within 3-5 business days, within Continental USA. Outlying territories, FBO, Hawaii and Alaska: 5-7 business days delivery.
International Orders (outside of USA): Select FedEx, DHL or UPS. Rates, Duties and Taxes appear before you checkout. Orders ship within 1 business day. Customer pays all International VAT and duties. We do not pay for return shipping. Check our return policy. We ship worldwide, subject to international treaties, regulations and embargoes. Order on our secure SSL secure "Shopify" shopping cart. Order confirmations are emailed as soon as order transaction is received. You will receive a second email when order ships, containing tracking number and estimated delivery times.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund, exchange, or credit within 14 days of delivery date. Contact Us to initiate your return, credit or replacement order.
Returns must be initiated within 14 days of delivery date.
Pack items with original packaging, unworn, and in brand new condition.
Return shipping costs are non-refundable unless the original items arrived damaged, or incorrect items were shipped.
Please do not write "jewelry" or any other jewelry-related words on the outside of the return package.
Custom Designs: It is our pleasure to create a custom design. A setup fee is due at the time of the order. Artwork will be proofed and approved. Fee is one-time only to cover molds, models, initial setup costs associated with a new design. Fee is non-refundable, and there is no setup fee for reorders.
Wholesale Refund Policy: No returns, refunds, replacements/revisions, or credits issued on Wholesale Orders.
Sales Tax Rates:
Only New York State Residents are charged sales tax during the checkout process. We are obligated to add sales tax due to NYS regulations. New York State taxes are not applicable, and will not be charged on orders outside of New York State.
What's it made of? Precious Metals and Alloys
Sterling Silver: is a mixture of pure Silver and some other metal, usually Copper. The resulting alloy gives the Silver strength. The standard is at least 92.5% silver. Hence the .925 stamp you see on our Sterling Silver items.
Vermeil: (Pronounced: "Vermay") is sterling silver that has been gold-plated. Our vermeil is plated with 18K gold. This is a good combination for those with allergy to normal, plated jewelry items. The difference between vermeil, and gold-filled, is in the thickness of the gold and the base metal used. In vermeil, the base is sterling silver.
Gold-plated: A base metal such as brass or bronze is dipped into a bath of electroplating solution, with a lump of solid gold. When an electric current is applied, a thin layer of gold is deposited on the metal. Since the plating is quite thin, the plate (and hence the colour) on findings can wear off. Take care not to allow metals to contact each other when storing or wearing the pieces to avoid scratches.
Gold-filled: A gold filled chain is included with purchase of our pendants offered in Vermeil, and Gold Plated pendants. Gold filled items are not actually filled with gold. They are made of a base metal (usually brass or copper) which is then layered with gold in a mechanical bonding process, resulting in a thick coat of gold: the gold content is 70% or 14/20 of the total weight. The chain, will not peel or flake, and should last as long as solid 14k gold jewelry. It is safe for most people with sensitive skin. Take note that gold jewelry reacts with chlorine. Never take your gold jewelry into a pool or spa.
Allergies: Some people have allergic reactions to some plating. The most common is nickel-plating- possibly up to 10% of people react to nickel. Unfortunately nickel is used to color gold, as an alloy, and sometimes in the electroplating process. If allergy is a problem, most jewelry makers like to use surgical steel, sterling silver, vermeil, or gold-filled items. The plating on plain electroplated items is usually too thin. A product called "Protect-a-Clear" by Everbrite, which comes from the USA, claims to provide protection for jewelry allergy suffers (read the review at the above link).
Gold Purity – Karats: The karat is a very old measure of how much gold is in an alloy, or gold-blend. A measure of 1 Karat is where there is 1 part of pure gold and 23 parts of metal alloy - or 4% gold. So 24K is 100% pure gold. 9K is 37%, 14K is 58%, 18K is 75%
Sustainable and Environmentally Responsible Silver and Packaging:
Sterling Silver is cast using re-Defined (recycled) casting methods in an in-house process of refining the precious metals and not supplied from the mining industry.
Packaging is a sustainable, eco friendly black-glossy signature gift box of 100% recycled cardboard box (made with 90% post-consumer fiber and 10% pre-consumer fiber).