About Michele Benjamin Jewelry
WHY CHOOSE US?
Michele Benjamin Jewelry is associated with promoting women’s empowerment and wildlife conservation. Each jewelry design is of heirloom quality and affordably priced. There is special meaning and symbolism associated with each piece.
WHAT IS OUR GOAL?
I create jewelry and art for fundraising to support causes that provide medicine and housing to the underserved.
Michele Benjamin is a New York-based artist who earned a BA from the School of Art at Arizona State University, where she studied art history and studio art, including painting, sculpture, and printmaking. She completed post-graduate studies at Parsons School of Design, and specialized Jewelry Design courses at Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), including fabrication techniques, lost wax, and professional jewelry production methods. Michele Benjamin creates jewelry, sculpture, digital photography prints and wearable art.
Her collections are offered in art galleries, cultural institutions, and boutiques in the U.S., and online nationally and internationally, including the Whitney Museum of American Art, Bruce Museum Store, Pictor Gallery, on the runway at New York Fashion Week (NYFW), and on Amazon.com.
Her collections are certified: “Made in New York” through the New York Economic Development Corporation. She has received commissions from New York City Store, Central Park Conservancy, Battery Park Conservancy, Empowers Africa, The High Line, Roanoke College, Salem, VA, Berkshire Botanical Garden, Stockbridge, MA, Siddhartha School, Ladakh, India, and for Dubai Expo 2020, UAE.
Whitney Shop, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY
- Bruce Museum Store, Bruce Museum, Greenwich, CT
- Bait Al Arab, Mall 3, Dubai, UAE
- Zahra Tex Middle East L.L.C., Dubai Mall, Dubai, UAE
Central Park Conservancy, Dairy Visitors Center Gift Shop, NY The Battery Conservancy, Seaglass Carousel, NY Empowers Africa, New York, NY
- New York CityStore, New York, NY
- High Line Shops, Friends of the High Line, NY
- NYCgo.com, New York & Co.
- 21c Museum Shop, 21C Museum Hotel, Bentonville, AR
- Berkshire Botanical Garden Shop, Stockbridge, MA
- Roanoke College Bookstore, Salem, VA
- Siddhartha School, Ladakh, India
- Amazon.com USA Amazon.CA Canada Amazon.AE Dubai, UAE
- Not Just a Label
- Butterfly World Shop, Coconut Creek, FL
- Oregon Coast Aquarium Shop, Newport, OR
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium Shop, Cleveland, OH
- Oklahoma Aquarium Shop, Jenks, OK
- Atypic Gallery, Milwaukee, WI
- MADE in NY: Fashion, NYCEDC, New York, NY
- Made in NYC, Pratt Institute, New York, NY
MIQ: Made in Queens, QEDC, Queens, NY
- WBE: NYC, NYCEDC, New York City, Expires: 11/29/2022.
- WBE: PANYNJ, The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, Expires: 08/20/2026.
- WBE: NYS, Empire State Development, New York State, Expires 01/2022.
- WOSB: Woman-Owned Small Business, US SBA, Washington, DC. Expires: 10/16/2022
March, 2022: GLOBAL NY: STEP 9 AWARD by GLOBAL NEW YORK, ESD "State Trade Expansion Program" Empire State Development Corporation, NYS, to Promote "Made in New York" products at SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL JEWELRY EXPO (SIJE), Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, July 14-17, 2022.
August, 2021: NEW YORK CITY ARTIST CORPS GRANT AWARD by New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) in partnership with the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs (DCLA), with support from the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) and Queens Theatre.
Feb. - Sept. 2021: VERIZON MENTORSHIP PROGRAM COHORT 3 by TECH INCUBATOR AT QUEENS COLLEGE, CUNY
Awarded acceptance into 6 month digital marketing training program sponsored by Verizon and Yahoo, as well as a growth circle peer-to-peer mentoring program.
November 2019: GLOBAL NY: STEP 8 AWARD by GLOBAL NEW YORK, ESD.
"State Trade Expansion Program" Empire State Development Corporation, NYS, to Promote "Made in New York" products in DUBAI, UAE.
June 2019: ARTS ENVOY: U.S. Department of State, Washington, DC,
Department of Cultural Affairs: Teaching Art and Jewelry Workshops:
"Empowering Women" in Cambodia and
"Saving Wildlife Through Art" in Laos.
- Greater New York Chamber of Commerce, New York, NY
- Women's Jewelry Association, New York, NY
- NGOCSW, United Nations, New York, NY
- Women in the Arts Foundation, New York, NY