About Michele Benjamin Jewelry
WHY CHOOSE US?
Michele Benjamin Jewelry is associated with promoting women’s empowerment and wildlife conservation. Each jewelry design is of heirloom quality and affordably priced. There is special meaning and symbolism associated with each piece.
WHAT IS OUR GOAL?
I create jewelry and art for fundraising to support causes that provide medicine and housing to the underserved.
Michele Benjamin, LLC creates custom jewelry and accessories, including commemorative lapel pins, charms, necklaces, bracelets, keychains, accessories. Graphic Design: custom logo development, website and graphic design, digitized embroidery, 3D / CAD, Adobe, E-commerce and 3D design. Woman-owned. New York-based.
My professional practice is based on the premise that art plays a significant role in social change reaching the community at large to raise public awareness. All forms of art are universally understood regardless of language, religion, or nationality. My nature-inspired and activist creations are associated with social causes such as wildlife conservation and women's empowerment. Fine art and the natural environment inspire the creation of my wildlife forms. These elements add beauty and significance to the enrichment of the human experience. I find a parallel between the forms found in nature to the timeless art that I observe in the great museums of the world. This nature-themed work contains symbolism that refers to strong, positive, earth origins. An awareness of environmental concerns and sustainability allow me to juxtapose natural forms with urban landscapes to emphasize the interrelationship and fragility of the environment and climate change. In terms of activism on behalf of women’s empowerment, I have created jewelry and art, promoting the activist pieces as vigorously as I promote my nature forms. My activism extends to mentoring, and teaching workshops on both the national and international level.
Michele Benjamin is a New York-based award-winning artist with a diverse portfolio encompassing jewelry, sculpture, prints, and wearable art. Her creations blend nature-inspired elements with dedication to causes such as women's empowerment and wildlife conservation. Her artistic journey includes a BA in Art History from Arizona State University, as well as specialized Jewelry Design courses at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). Her work has earned recognition in prominent venues, including the Whitney Museum of American Art, Bruce Museum Store, New York Fashion Week (NYFW), and is accessible on Amazon.com.
Michele is also committed to making a positive impact on society. Serving as Arts Envoy for U.S. State Department, she has led workshops in Southeast Asia, empowering women through creativity and self-expression. Her dedication has been acknowledged with awards from NYFA, NY City Artist Corps, and Global NY STEP. Michele's passion and artistry shine through her commissioned works, which can be found in New York CityStore, Central Park Conservancy, Battery Park Conservancy, Empowers Africa, The High Line, Roanoke College, VA, Berkshire Botanical Garden, Siddhartha School, India, Dubai Expo, UAE, and more.
- Whitney Museum Shop, New York, NY
- Bruce Museum Store, Bruce Museum, Greenwich, CT
- Bait Al Arab, Mall 3, Dubai, UAE
- Zahra Tex Middle East L.L.C., Dubai Mall, Dubai, UAE
- New York CityStore, New York, NY
- High Line Shops, Friends of the High Line, NY
- 21c Museum Shop, 21C Museum Hotel, Bentonville, AR
- Berkshire Botanical Garden, Stockbridge, MA
- Roanoke College Bookstore, Salem, VA
- Siddhartha School, Ladakh, India
- RainbowWeddings.com LGBTQ friendly wedding site
- Amazon.com USA Amazon.CA Canada Amazon.AE Dubai, UAE
- Not Just a Label
- Butterfly World Shop, Coconut Creek, FL
- Oregon Coast Aquarium Shop, Newport, OR
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium Shop, Cleveland, OH
- Oklahoma Aquarium Shop, Jenks, OK
- Atypic Gallery, Milwaukee, WI
- MADE in NY: Fashion, NYCEDC, New York, NY
- Made in NYC, Pratt Institute, New York, NY
MIQ: Made in Queens, QEDC, Queens, NY
- WBE: NYC, NYCEDC, New York City, Expires: 10/31/2027.
- WBE: PANYNJ, The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, Expires: 08/20/2026.
- WBE: NYS, Empire State Development, New York State, Expires 01/30/2024.
- WOSB: Woman-Owned Small Business, US SBA, Washington, DC. Expires: 10/16/2022 (renewal in progress)
July, 2023: NYFA /NYSCA Grant recipient of The NYSCA/NYFA Artist as Entrepreneur Program, an intensive, multi-day in-person professional development opportunity that delves into the fundamental principles of sustainability in the arts.
July - Oct. 2022: NYFA Grant recipient of artist oriented workshops: "Demystifying NFTs Workshops I and II" NYFA partnered with artist/technologist Laura Ó Reilly and Technology Gap to teach artists how to create eco-responsible NFTs.
July, 2022: GLOBAL NY: STEP 9 AWARD by GLOBAL NEW YORK, ESD "State Trade Expansion Program" Empire State Development Corporation, NYS, to Promote "Made in New York" products at SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL JEWELRY EXPO (SIJE), Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, July 14-17, 2022.
August, 2021: NEW YORK CITY ARTIST CORPS GRANT AWARD by New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) in partnership with the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs (DCLA), with support from the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) and Queens Theatre.
Feb. - Sept. 2021: VERIZON MENTORSHIP PROGRAM COHORT 3 by TECH INCUBATOR AT QUEENS COLLEGE, CUNY
Awarded acceptance into 6 month digital marketing training program sponsored by Verizon and Yahoo, as well as a growth circle peer-to-peer mentoring program.
November 2019: GLOBAL NY: STEP 8 AWARD by GLOBAL NEW YORK, ESD.
"State Trade Expansion Program" Empire State Development Corporation, NYS, to Promote "Made in New York" products in DUBAI, UAE.
June 2019: ARTS ENVOY: U.S. Department of State, Washington, DC,
Department of Cultural Affairs: Teaching Art and Jewelry Workshops:
"Empowering Women" in Cambodia and
"Saving Wildlife Through Art" in Laos.
- Greater New York Chamber of Commerce, New York, NY
- NGOCSW, United Nations, New York, NY
- Women in the Arts Foundation, Board Member & Curator, New York, NY
- Pictor Gallery, Affiliate Member, New York, NY